Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, July 11, 2008

Booking through Thursday, 3x Thursday, Thursday Thirteen #3

from http://btt2.wordpress.com/

What would you do if, all of a sudden, your favorite source of books was unavailable?

Whether it’s a local book shop, your town library, or an internet shop … what would you do if, suddenly, they were out of business? Devastatingly, and with no warning? Where would you go for books instead? What would you do? If it was a local business you would try to help out the owners? Would you just calmly start buying from some other store? Visit the library in the next town instead? Would it be devastating? Or just a blip in your reading habit?

We're talking about Grass Roots, obviously. It actually takes me a minute to think of any others. I shop at Borders occasionally, but rarely for books, more for movies and music. If Grass Roots disappeared? That would be horrible! My family knows the owners, and my cousin worked there for a number of years, so it's a very special place. And what's a hang-out-downtown-day without a stop at Grass Roots? It's like a landmark, practically. Soooo, it would be horrible. All of the other locally owned bookstores are second-hand, which only work for some of the time.
Don't even ask me about the library. As a homeschooler, it's been a major part of my life for as long as I can remember. I'm always seriously shocked to find out that someone doesn't spend their life there. =P




from http://www.hairmetalqueen.com/3xThursday.html

1. Do you ever have 'ghosts from the past' pop their heads in to say hi? Has it happened to you lately? If so, who was it? If not, is there anyone you wish you could find?
Not very often. But a lot of people that I knew from like, pre-school, are now high-school friends of other friends of mine, which is funny but strange. I never know if I should just be like "Hi! Remember that time you lifted my skirt in first grade?" or get re-introduced and pretend it never happened... haha.

2. What do you think of Facebook? If you're a Facebooker, have you had any contact with long lost friends of the past?
I love facebook. Everything's sort of out in the open, which I don't know for sure is always a good thing or not... But yes, I did just get "friended" by someone I haven't talked to since I was 9.

3. Pretty much everyone is easily found these days. Do you miss the days of not being able to be found, or do you welcome people finding you? Why/why not?
New friends are good, though new-old friends can be awkward, but cool nonetheless. It's also great for stalking... cousins you haven't seen in years and such. =P




Thirteen Smells that mean Summer to me.
1. Blueberries
2. Lavender
3. Sunscreen (not a good smell, this one)
4. BBQs
5. that soft, mucky smell that some algae's have
6. Tomato leaves
7. Watermelon - yes it has a smell
8. Bug spray
9. Fresh corn
10. Cotton candy
11. Ponderosa pine forests. It's a specific smell in the
Eastern Cascades, when it gets so dry over there.
12. sun chips
13. The county fair. A combination of the rides,
the livestock, and the fair food, mostly.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



3 comments:

Melanie said...

Fresh cut grass. Great list!!

EccentricSimplicity said...

that's a good one!

Me said...

Lots of good memories in those smells. I also love the smell after a summer rain, which has been happening today.